- This is the debut of Marlene and Roger.
- Phil does sign language in his sleep.
- The previous occupant of Marlene's habitat was a male animal who was transferred to Toledo, Ohio.
- The way Roger ended up in the sewers is very similar to the character, LeatherHead, from the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles television series, for LeatherHead was found by a boy as a baby and flushed down the toilet by the boy's parents.
- Groundhog day is referenced when Rico moves in flippers beside Marlene's shadow and Julien says 'six more weeks of winter, everyone!'
- An alligator (as well as any species of crocodilian) wouldn't be able to survive in a sewer for very long due to a number reasons:
- Sewers tend to be filled with dangerous bacteria, such as Salmonella and E.coli.
- Sewers can be very cold during the winter, especially in New York. This makes it rather inhospitable for a gator to live and grow up in.
- This is the first episode, when Skipper is using an Italian word. Next episodes are "The Hidden" (Bravissimo!), "Crown Fools" (Attenzione!), "Kingdom Come" (Eccellente!), "Popcorn Panic" (Finito!), and "An Elephant Never Forgets" (Perfetto!).
Foul Ups, Bloops, and Blunders
- When the flashlight breaks, Skipper throws it aside, then it magically appears in his flipper after Marlene runs to Roger with the recorder, working again.
- When Skipper and Marlene are backing away from Roger, the recorder disappears. Then when they let go of the pipe, Skipper lands on the recorder. It should have been trampled by Roger.
Behind the Scenes
- This episode, along with Launchtime were the show's TV premiere episodes and were shown after the Nickelodeon 2009 Kids' Choice Awards.
- Included on the I Was a Penguin Zombie (DVD)
END OF ARTICLE
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.