Moto Moto is a character of Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, a minor character in it's video game adaption and a handsome, muscular hippopotamus with a deep voice who loves to play hide and seek with the girl hippos and enjoys flirting with them by use of words or by flexing his chest muscles. He isn't extremely bright, but is a sweet ladies' man. He is rowdy, raucous, bullying, strident, zany, aggressive, cool, boastful, greedy, not-too-bright, fun-loving, mischievous, helpful, a cheater, caring, friendly, energetic, cheerful, playful and confident. His theme song is Big and Chunky.
Moto Moto is described by him as being "aggressive but friendly," and is the way the standard male hippo should look. He falls in love with Gloria and she is delighted. But later as they have their date in a lake, he confesses that the only reason he really loves her is for her body. Gloria accepts this until Melman shows up and tells him everything that Gloria likes and hates. Though Gloria and Moto Moto have broken up, they still remain best friends.
Melman frequently mispronounces his name, mostly on purpose to annoy or insult him.
Moto Moto means "hot hot" in Swhalili .
- He is similar to King Louie from The Jungle Book (1967)
- He is also similar to Lou the Goanna from the FernGully duology:
- Both are voiced by famous rappers (will.i.am for Moto Moto, Tone Lōc for Lou).
- Both briefly appear to be bullies to the protagonists (Moto Moto to Melman, Lou to Zak).
- His voice is modeled after the singer Barry White.