- Moto Moto is similar to King Louie from The Jungle Book (1967).
- Melman frequently mispronounces his name, mostly on purpose to annoy or insult him.
- Moto Moto means "hot hot" in Swhalili.
- Moto Moto is also similar to Lou the Goanna from the FernGully duology
- Both are voiced by famous rappers (will.i.am for Moto Moto, Tone Lōc for Lou).
- Both briefly appear to be bullies to the protagonists (Moto Moto to Melman, Lou to Zak).
- His voice is modeled after the singer Barry White.
- Justin Timberlake is the one that suggested recorders use Will-I-Am for Moto Moto.
- Will-I-Am brought bandmate Fergie in for one of his recordings and convinced recorders to give her a line in the film. She is the hippo that states "is he dancing about a plane crash?" when the zoosters land in Africa.
- Will-I-Am did many songs for the film in addition to being Moto-Moto.
- Moto-Moto's square figure was designed to contrast Gloria's more round figure. Moto Moto was also given a more brown color, to emphasize the fact that he probably spends more time than Gloria laying around and working on his tan. He is also unshaven, being an African native.
- Will-I-Am designed his voice for Moto-Moto after Barry White.
- Moto-Moto is capable of flexing his glutes.
END OF ARTICLE
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.