New York City is the largest city in the United States of America and is the former residence of Alex, Gloria, Marty and Melman, and is also home to Skipper, Kowalski, Rico, Private, King Julien, Maurice, Mort and Marlene exclusively in The Penguins of Madagascar.
- In the prologue of Madagascar Escape 2 Africa when Alex arrives in New York by floating in the ocean the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center were seen on the skyline suggesting that the prologue takes place in the 1990's or Early 2000's
- In the first film the skyline seen at the zoo is actually a 2-Dimensional set made by the movie's set designers
- In Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted, the Freedom Tower is present on the skyline, suggesting that the film takes place sometime after 2014.
- The Skyline used in the Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie, is identical to that used in Madagascar 3, only it takes place during the day instead of during sunset
- New York City on Wikipedia